2 weeks ago when I finish my driving practical.
Instructor: YiWen, next week wait for me at the Arh-Ma-Ti there de station ok?
Me: Arh-Ma-Ti??
Instructor: Ya, Woondlands there de Arh-Ma-Ti, the bridge there?
Me: Wondlands MRT ah? Got bridge meh?
Instuctor: Got, Arh-Ma-Ti there de bridge. I driving out of Woodlands SSDC so you wait for me at the Ah-Ma-Ti there.
Me: Okok!
So I tot the next meeting venue will be in Woodlands. So I went straight to the only Red color bridge near Woodlands MRT station.
Instructor say he will be reaching in 2 mins, but i waited for 5 mins still didnt see his car.
So I called him.
Me: Uncle, where you? I at the bridge liao.
Instructor: I also at the bridge, where u?
Me: Huh? I didnt see u leh. Wait! Uncle, ur bridge is what color wan? Blue izzit?
Instructor: Ya la, I waiting for you here liao.
Me: Uncle! That wan is Admiralty MRT Station, not Woodlands!
Instruction: Ya, I told you at Woodlands Arh-Ma-Ti Ah-Ma-Ti de bridge mah~
Me:
ok, I coming over.When I reach there, the instructor still point to the MRT Station and say, "I say correct mah, this is Arh-Ma-Ti Ah-Ma-Ti right?"
*I give up!*This is what happen when you talk to an uncle with a very strong Hokkien accent.
